Telecom Growth Sector
- The Telecom industry is growing at a sustained rate of 25%.
- More than 1.5 LAKH TELEPHONE customers are added every month.
- Over 35,000 jobs available this year as per the NASSCOM & BT report.
- BSNL ready with 19,000 Cr. budgets for investment.
- HIGH INVESTMENT Industry, Reliance alone plans to invest Rs 25,000 Cr. in the next 3 years.
- Fresh Telecom professional presently get an average salary of more than 3.50 lacs per annum.
- Reliance Infocomm is buzzing with action. It has plans to hire up to 5,000 persons within the next six months, taking the total number of employees to 7,500 by this year-end.
- Reliance Industries Ltd. is planning to invest USD 1 billion in its telecom subsidiary Reliance Infocomm, which is having licences to offer fixed line and limited mobility telecom services in 18 states of the country.
Mr . Kallol Kanungo
Vice President-Customer Services Enterprise
Networks, GTL Limited
Indian Telecom Industry - The Facts
Sustained growth at 23% annually.
Tele-density rate is to increase from current 3% to 7% in 2005 and 15% in 2010.
75 million telephone connections required by 2005 and 175 million by 2010.
Additional investments will translate to spending of over US$ 37 billion by 2005 and US$ 69 billion by 2010.
Investment potential spread across wide range of services: cellular, Internet, paging, radio trunking, GMPCS.
"Huge surge in growth of various service facilitates enormous growth in the telecom equipment market. The growth of the industry has been extremely healthy over the last six to nine months�we have been adding more than 1.5 lakh subscribers every month.�
Director general, Cellular Operators Association of India
(Source: Hindustan Times, 25th February 2001, New Delhi Edition)
"The Reliance company has committed to invest Rs. 250 billion (25000 crores) in the Infocom venture over the next 3 - 4 years."
Anil Ambani MD, Reliance Industries Ltd.
(Source: Business Standard)